Steve is a highly experienced executive and team coach, who is passionate about “what gets people out of bed in the morning”. He specialises in values based personal leadership and creating highly performing teams, especially where people are going through significant change.
Prior to becoming a coach, Steve worked for 25 years in the consumer health care, petroleum and petrochemicals industries and has held executive management positions in General Management, Sales, Marketing, Procurement and R&D in the UK and the USA. He also has hands on experience of leading company wide change management programmes, such as post acquisition integration of technology platforms and business units and major cross-functional innovation programmes, including working at shareholder level. This means Steve has a deep understanding of how organisations work and the challenges of operating within them, in today’s ever changing environment.
- Navigating and managing significant change
- Creating high performance teams
- Team based innovation and creativity
- Enabling cross departmental communication/collaboration and strategic
- Creating trust and strong team dynamics for powerful communication and
- debate, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Creating accountability and joint commitment to action
- Authentic personal leadership
- Transition into a new role
Steve is passionate about leadership and people development and is dedicated to supporting his clients to realise their full potential. He sees each individual’s unique attributes and coaches the whole person. Steve’s coaching style is very authentic and based on trust; he always speaks the truth while never judging. Issues are often considered from novel perspectives, but always with practical actions to be taken at the end of every session to enable progress and further learning. Clients often comment that Steve challenges while remaining supportive, he is calm and grounded, and creates the space for clients to follow their own learning process.
- Certified professional coach: International Coaching Federation
- Certified professional coach: Coactive Training Institute
- Organisation, Relationship and Systems Coach: CRR Global
- Master Practitioner, NLP
- B.A. and M.A. in Chemistry: Downing College, Cambridge
- Ph.D. in Chemistry: Kings College, London
- Chartered Chemist
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Licenced ski instructor: BASI and SNSC 2001 - 2011
Steve has worked with individuals at all levels across all sectors.
Global Service Manager, Leading International Charity
Head of Brand, Major International Research Library